Our Sponsors

Monday, October 24, 2011

Epic in a Box



Halifax-based theatre company Lohifi Production's touring production, Epic in a Box, is coming to The Old Red Schoolhouse in Peggy's Cove! Friday, October 28, 8pm.

This delightful 40-minute show has the audience sit around a table with actors Theo Pitsiavas and Christopher Little as they weave the largest most epic theatrical production possible from objects drawn from a small tin box. Comedy, adventure, romance, heroism and villainy are all played out in a delightfully innovative style that you and your guests will never forget.

Tickets $20
Pre-payment is required to reserve your seat
(902) 223-0991 or john@johnbeale.net
Only 30 seats available.

“When I was eight, my brother showed me an old tin box that he kept behind a board in his wall,” says Little. “It was filled with strange little treasures that he described to me in detail. There were tiny plastic figures, decoder rings, metal swords and other objects I didn’t recognize. There were even fire crackers for a touch of danger. Sometimes when he was out, I would sneak in and play with them. By the time I found the box years later, most of the contents were gone. I have been filling it ever since with my own objects and waiting for a chance to share with others that sense of wonder my brother had shared with me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment