Only 4 months until our Celebration of Art in the Peggy`s Cove Area and we can hardly wait. So many exciting things are happening:
- Opening Reception - July 12, 2012 Shining Waters Marina. Join for hors d`oeuvres and wine, enjoy some great entertainment and meet our artists. Tickets $20.
- Our artists are producing a calendar featuring their paintings. It will sell for $20 with all proceeds going to pay for our festival. The art for the calendar will be juried. The calendar will be launched at our opening reception, July 12, 2012 at Shining Waters Marina. The original paintings used on the calendar will be auctioned that evening by actor and auctioneer par excellence John Dunsworth. More info soon.
- The festival has expanded its geographical area to include artists in Hubbards and the Aspotogan Peninsula an area that is home to many great Nova Scotia artists. This means a greatly expanded Studio Tour - plan to spend the weekend here to take in as many studios and galleries as possible. Great local accommodation can be found on the Peggy`s Cove Coastal Region website
- The headquarters for the Paint Peggy`s Cove event will be the historic St. John`s Anglican Church. A lot of restoration work was done on the church last year and we are looking forward to displaying the paintings completed during Paint Peggy`s Cove there, 10% of the proceeds from sale of these paintings will go to help replenish the church`s funds.
- Friday the 13th just calls for a special event. We are working on something that will be great fun and new to our area. I can hardly wait to tell you about it.
- In conjunction with the Indian Point Young Naturalists Club we are planning a great event for the kids. More info soon.
- Artscape 2012 - June 29,30 and July 1
- Music - two concerts are in the planning stages - more info soon.